KOMOREBI LIQUID LIGHT - Step 1: Brightening Cleanser (Niacinamide + Salicylic Acid)
- Botanicals: Papaya, Gotu Kola, Ginkgo Biloboa, Maracuja (Passionfruit), Red Raspberry, Kalahari Melon, Cranberry, Aloe Vera, Rose Geranium, Frankincense, Rosemary, Neem, Turmeric, Sandalwood, Triphala Fruit, Shatavari Root, Licorice Root & Ashwagandha Root
- Plant-based Super Ingredients: Salicylic Acid, Niacinamide, Squalane, Vitamin C, Hydrolized Wheat Protein, Pro-vitamin B5, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Allantoin
STEP 1: LIQUID LIGHT CLEANSER
Gentle yet powerful! Our Liquid Light Cleanser has been intricately curated to offer a gentle & soothing foam that will protect the natural moisture of the skin whilst transferring even more hydrating proteins & enzymes through the pores. Combined with a dynamic & powerful blend of anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, purifying & detoxifying herbs to keep your complexion balanced & even. Suitable for all skin types!
- Retinyl Palmitate: Allow me to introduce you to retinyl palmitate, retinol's slightly less intense cousin! While all retinoids are all vitamin A-derivatives with similar benefits, they're definitely not identical. The main benefits of using retinoids are promoting skin cell turnover, improving skin tone, helps unclogging pores & helps thicken the dermis to slow down the formation of wrinkles. Because retinyl palmitate is the least irritating of all four retinoids, it's a great option for almost all skin types and anyone who want to keep their pores clear and skin youthful! It causes the cells on the epidermis—the outermost layer of the skin—to rapidly turnover and die, resulting in smoother, more radiant skin with less discoloration and overall more even tone. In speeding up cell turnover & acting as an exfoliant, it also helps unclog pores and keep them clear. Retinoids also hinder the breakdown of collagen & thicken the deeper layer of the dermis, where wrinkles begin to form.
- Allantoin: Allantoin has soothing, moisturizing and healing properties. It moisturizes the skin to prevent dryness and irritation and is wonderful for sensitive skin because of it's non-irritable nature. It helps in shedding dead skin cells to keep the skin smooth, minimizing the appearance of wrinkles. This intensely soothing ingredient is known for healing irritated skin, wounds & retains water in the skin cells to make your skin feel plumper & softer. Furthermore, allantoin stimulates collagen production to tighten & firm the skin from oxidation damage!
- Squalane: The key to beautiful skin is moisture, that’s why you always need a powerhouse ingredient to deliver hydration and protect your skin. My suggestion? Squalane! Harvested from plant sources like olives, wheat germ oil, and rice bran, this super hydrating ingredient is a highly-effective emollient and natural antioxidant. Using squalane in skincare can reduce wrinkles, eliminate scars, reverse UV damage, lighten freckles and erase skin pigmentation, all while fighting free radicals.
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein: Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein has been shown as one of the most effective pore minimizers in modern skin care, providing the porcelain look when utilized in facial cleansers, toners, serums & moisturisers. It is an excellent tensor and film-forming properties that increases firmness of the skin, it retains moisture in the skin protecting it from drying out, making it soft and conditioned, & is found to reduce the appearance of wrinkles!
- Pro-vitamin B5: Provitamin B5 (Panthenol) goes beyond its role as a moisturizer and acts as a natural skin healer and protectant. When applied to and absorbed by the skin, this provitamin is transformed into vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid), which has natural broad abilities to moisturize, soothe, heal and regenerate the skin. As a humectant, it stabilizes the skin barrier function, reducing the amount of water lost through the skin. By applying provitamin B5 to the skin, you will not only increase its hydration but improve its softness & elasticity.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is an essential nutrient required for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of the body, including the skin. As an antioxidant, one of it's main functions is protecting the skin. Normal cellular processes, as well as environmental factors like UV light & pollution, create free radicals in the skin. By scavenging these free radicals, vitamin C protects the skin, keeping it healthy and improving visible signs of aging. It also plays an important role in collagen synthesis & is effective in lightening unwanted brown spots or decreasing hyperpigmentation by blocking the pathway of pigment synthesis.
- Papaya: Improves your complexion courtesy of the active enzymes present in it, such as papain. It helps reduce pigmentation, controls acne breakouts & wrinkle formation. Papaya is rich in antioxidants, such as lycopene, that can help fight free radical damage, improve the elasticity of your skin & minimize the appearance of wrinkles. The enzymes papain and chymopapain in papaya can decrease inflammation. Papain exfoliates the skin & reduces acne by removing dead skin cells that can clog pores. The enzymes, beta-carotene, vitamins & phytochemicals in papaya have lightening & softening effects on hyperpigmentation & scarring.
- Gotu Kola: Looking for a plant-based all round skin booster? Then gotu kola should definitely be on your top most wanted list. It contains asiatcoside which supports collagen function, acne and wound healing. It is also rich in various alkaloids, glycosides, phenolic compounds, flavonoids, triterpenoids and saponins. Research has linked this incredible herb to improving skin firmness, elasticity, improving circulation & reducing the appearance of scar tissue. Gotu Kola acts as an antioxidant to help reduce inflammatory conditions and protect cells. Studies revealed that gotu kola has shown to boost the production of collagen type I and type III, elastin and hyaluronic acid. It supports the strength and flexibility of blood vessels and tones and firms the skin.
- Gingko Biloba: Highly concentrated with flavonoids and terpenoids, such as ginkgolides and bilobalides, gingko biloba extract is considered to be one of the most advantageous cosmetic ingredients for skin care. Gingko biloba benefits for skin have been suggested to include potent antioxidant protection, skin-soothing effects, increased skin-hydration, and significant anti-aging defense. Gingko biloba’s high concentration of antioxidant compounds-polyphenols and flavonoids- play a role in neutralizing free radicals that are present in the environment. Furthermore, its ability to reduce levels of oxidative stress advertently contributes a soothing effect that may help to alleviate problematic skin. Moreover, benefits of gingko biloba for skin may also provide hydration and anti-aging benefits. Topical formulas with of ginkgo biloba for skin can work to increase skin moisture-retention and smoothness, as well as reduce roughness.
- Cranberry: These nutritious berries are also a natural source of flavonoids (an antioxidant) and salicylic acid (a beta hydroxy acid or BHA). Each of these ingredients has astringent and antiseptic properties that reduce sebum, clear pores and minimize the look of pimples. Additionally, Cranberries have trace minerals of potassium, manganese, and anti-inflammatory properties, which help prevent collagen break down and can blunt breakouts for those prone to adult acne. Vitamins C, B3 and arbutin also contribute to improving the appearance of problem skin by brightening the look of scars and dark marks left behind by breakouts. Cranberries are incredibly high in polyphenols and Vitamins C and E, which effectively fight free radicals to minimize the visible signs of aging, including fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and loss of elasticity.
- Maracujá (Passionfruit): Maracujá is rich with some wonderful vitamins and minerals, a good source of vitamin C, fiber, and the B vitamins riboflavin and niacin. It also has a high content of essential fatty acids, calcium and phosphorus. This delicious oil readily penetrates the skin to deeply moisturize and reduce dry skin. Thanks to the high fatty acid content, it penetrates the skin to bring moisturizer much more effectively than other oils. The high content of the antioxident lycopene helps to improve skin tone and works with vitamin C to help promote collagen production. Passionfruit oil balances the skin’s moisture and helps to reduce oily skin, reduces inflammation to help treat acne, rashes and other skin conditions & scavenges free radicals with its antioxidant properties, preventing damage while helping to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Kalahari Melon Seed: Kalahari melon seed oil is a great choice for a natural facial cleanse. The oil is super-rich in linolenic acid; which makes up between 50% and 70% of its entire content. Used on the face, it gets to work unclogging pores and removing excess sebum from the surface of your skin. It makes skin look firmer and the appearance of wrinkles are often reduced. Packed full of antioxidants, and Vitamins A, C and E, it has a hydrating and tightening effect when applied. The oil can be effective at helping to repair skin damage and scars. Kalahari melon seed oil is really rich in both Omega-6 and Omega-9 fatty acids These stimulate skin cell growth, prompting regeneration and giving skin a much plumper, fresher appearance.
- Red Raspberry Seed: When looking for the best natural ingredients for our Komorebi Range, I chose red raspberry seeds. They contain high levels of essential fatty acids, particularly omega 3 and omega 6 which help to promote the skin's health and appearance. The red raspberry seeds also provide a natural source of vitamin E, which helps to prevent damage caused by free radicals from environmental stressors. They high level of natural vitamin E, increase hydration, barrier function and integrity, due to high levels of essential fatty acids. This incredible fruity oil is also a natural defence against free radical damage from environmental stressors, such as UV radiation or pollution.
- Neem: The renowned Ayurvedic herb can help balance skin’s oil production, and in turn minimize acne, post-pimple scars and hyperpigmentation. It also aids in healing wounds and sun damage. Since it’s loaded with vitamin C neem stimulates collagen formation to smoothen fine lines and wrinkles.
- Triphala Fruit: Triphala is an ancient herbal remedy with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial effects. It helps protect skin cells, rebuild skin protein & retain moisture in the skin, in addition to combatting inflammation & oxidative damage. Triphala also increases collagen production & reduces bacteria on the skin to help wounds heal.
- Turmeric & Sandalwood: Anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, and antioxidant effects help with eczema, psoriasis, acne, and wound healing. Slows the skin oxidation process & is used to diminish wrinkles, keep skin supple, and improve skin’s elasticity. Powerful effects on evening hyperpigmentation & scarring.
Directions: Wet your face with lukewarm water. Pump a coin-sized amount of Komorebi Liquid Light Cleanser onto your palm or silicon cleansing brush. Begin to cleanse your skin with small circular motions, applying light pressure to further work in the luxurious botanicals. Pay close attention to any areas with hyperpigmentation, blemishes, fine-lines & dullness. Safe to use around eye area but please avoid getting product in your eyes. After a thorough cleanse, rinse off with warm water, tone & moisturize. Use twice daily for optimum results!
Ingredients: Sodium cocoyl isethionate (SCI), Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate (SLSa), Lauryl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl betaine, Vegetable Glycerin, Pro-vitamin B5, Xantham Gum, Hydrolized Wheat Protein, Carica (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Pelargonium Graveolens Leaf(Rose Geranium) Water, Boswellia carterii (Frankincense) Water, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Water, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Allantoin, Retinyl Palmitate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Passiflora Edulis (Passionfruit) Seed Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Powder, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Powder, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Powder, Azadirachta Indica (Neem) Leaf Powder, Asparagus racemosus (Shatavari) Root Powder, Emblica officinalis (Amla) powder, Terminalia bellerica (Bibhitaki) powder, Terminalia chebula (Haritaki) powder, Ascorbic Acid, Geogard 221 (Preservative - Ecocert Approved)